Saturday, January 21, 2012

Electric Blue Plaid Shirt









The look:

blouse - old Gap
necklace - old Banana Republic
cardi - old JCrew
texting gloves - H&M
skirt - old Anthropologie
leggings - old H&M
boots - old Lands End
beret - old American Apparel
parka - old Canada Goose
scarf and mitts - old H&M

The tale:

This is a rerun outfit.  I considered wearing some new Sorels with the rerun outfit, which would have "updated" the outfit a teeny, tiny bit, but, in the end, I decided to keep the rerun outfit intact.  But let me tell the story of the new Sorels.  As I understand it, the Caribou is the original style of Sorels.  The Caribous are still available, and I was considering buying a pair.  A couple of weeks ago, on a snowy day, as I was making my way through my home city, I spotted a pair of Sorels that looked like the Caribous but weren't.  They had the same colouring as the Caribous, but they weren't as tall as the Caribous and looked, well, more delicate than the Caribous.  Right then and there I knew that I wanted those Sorels.  Unfortunately, I saw them on someone's feet, and I knew that it might be next to impossible to find a pair in my size so far into the Winter.  After some scouting around, I found a pair online.  I ordered them on Thursday.  On Friday, they arrived (they were from an online store that is based near to where I live).  They are exactly what I expected them to be and what I wanted.  The new Sorels are part of the shopping expedition that I mentioned yesterday.  Stay tuned for more.

No comments: