Thursday, December 29, 2011

Coat Dress








The look:

dress - old Momiji
sweater jacket - old Zara
parka - old Canada Goose
wool beret - old
woollen gloves - H&M
riding boots - old JCrew

The tale:

Yesterday evening, I spent a good forty minutes trying to figure out what to wear today.  Finally, I decided that I was going to rewear one of my favourite outfits from last Winter.  Then, I thought that I would just keep doing that in the days ahead, that is, if I couldn't think of something to wear on any particular day, I would just rewear a favourite outfits from last Winter.  I know that I have enough favourite outfits to take me through a number of days.  I don't know what it is, but when the deep freeze first arrives, it seems as if that part of my brain that puts outfits together goes into hibernation.  Instead of agonizing over what to wear, and starting to think that I have nothing to wear (which definitely isn't true), I thought that I would give that part of my brain that puts outfits together a break, by wearing some of the old outfits that it put together that I really liked.  Now, if that isn't babbling, I don't know what is.  But I think that the point has been made.  Reruns are forthcoming.

No comments: