Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ballerina Sweater






The look:

Plaid dress - old Lands End Canvas
wool wrap cardi - H&M
wool shawl collar open cardi - old Lands End Canvas
wool beret - old
parka - old Canada Goose
wool scarf - old H&M
gloves - H&M
bag - Roots
suede chukkas - Roots

The story:

It was way back in August when I first saw the ballerina wrap sweaters at H&M.  I immediately ruled them out as a possible garment for me, largely because I wanted no tangible reminders of a previous life (a "been there, done that" sort of response).  The other day, when I was in H&M shopping for the green pullover that I wore yesterday, I spotted the wrap sweaters on the sales rack and thought, "Heck.  Why not give them a go."  I was there, they were there, I was already going to have to go to the fitting rooms.  What did I have to lose.  I had no clue that I was going to love them, but love them I did.  I bought the oatmeal one that I wore today and a dark grey one.  There was one other one that I could have bought -- a peachy pink one -- but that would have been going too far back in time.

On another note, see the parka?  The parka means that the temperature around my parts has dipped to the double digits below zero degrees celsius, either in fact or feel.  The cold temperatures however aren't going to last long ... this time around.  I am not sure whether this is good or bad.  I do know that it will be hard on my migraine prone head.  Sigh.

No comments: