Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Watercolour Square Scarf





It used to be said about me that if I was looking for something chances were great that it would be either before or after its heyday and that I wouldn't be able to find it, at least not new.  This may be the case with what I am currently looking for: silk or faux silk square scarves.  I have discovered that some clothes that I wasn't liking wearing -- like turtlenecks -- I like wearing a lot more if I tie a square scarf around my neck.  I have about five square scarves.  Enough, I suppose.  But as most of them are very similar in pattern and colour (mostly grey, camel and black), I would like to expand my square scarf wardrobe.  Of course, I could find some new silk scarves at Hermes, but those would be a little (cough, cough) beyond my means.   I am getting lots of tips for where I might find some vintage silk scarves (in bricks and mortar shops).  I am looking forward to the hunt!

I am wearing a wool turtleneck from The Embellished Room, a uniform skirt from Lands End, an old faux silk square scarf and an old wool beret.  My boots are Fluevogs.

No comments: