Sunday, November 20, 2011

Juliet Velvet Shorts






Every once in a while, I will stop by a shop that carries high end fashion.  I like to get up close and personal with some of my favourite high end designers.  I love them but recognize that they will probably always be beyond my reach.  Today, I saw one very pretty black dress that retailed for over $2,000.  Now if I were to purchase this dress, it would have to be my single, solitary purchase for at least one year and I would have to wear it every day for at least one year (but probably longer) for it to earn its keep.  I often wonder if high end fashion and I would ever get on.  I say this because I once tried on a high end designer dress that I really loved only to discover that I didn't have the body for it.  Of course that was just one designer and one dress.  So who knows.  In the meantime, I will continue exploring within my means.

I am wearing a bow blouse from Joe Fresh, an old Zara vest, an open cardigan from JCrew Factory, velvet shorts from Top Shop, an old H&M coat, an old wool beret and gloves from H&M.  My boots are Fluevogs.  I am carrying a Roots bag.

No comments: