Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekend Plaid Flannel Shirt







This weekend I took it easy from a clothing point of view.  I wore the same shirt and jeans on Saturday and Sunday, changing it up on the two days by wearing a wool vest and zip-up jacket on Saturday and a cropped cable knit wool sweater and raincoat on Sunday.  The raincoat on Sunday was absolutely essential.  In fact, while I started out Sunday morning in my favourite winklepicker chukkas, by the afternoon, I switched out of them in favour of my newest Hunters (I actually purchased them last Fall, but they are my latest Hunter purchases) -- there were lots of puddles around and I didn't want to risk ruining the winklepicker chukkas.  You can probably guess, from what I wore on the weekend, that it was shockingly cold.  Going out Saturday morning was hard.  But, now, at the end of two days of cold, I am acclimated to cool, verging on cold, weather.  When I heard that the temperatures were going to rise to over 20 degrees celsius by the end of the week, I was, not only shocked, but somewhat disappointed.  While I am not yet ready for Winter, I am ready for a few months of the type of weather that I got a taste of this weekend.  I am ready to stow away my Summer clothing not to pull it out!

I am wearing an old LLBean plaid flannel shirt with an old Gap tie, old Hue jeggings, an old LLBean wool vest (on Saturday) and an Urban Renewal cropped cable knit wool sweater from Urban Outfitters (on Sunday).  My zip-up jacket is old, from Old Navy, and my raincoat is old, from LLBean.  A cotton knit beret from American Apparel covers my head and an old wool/silk blend scarf keeps my neck warm. My winklepicker chukkas are Fluevogs.  My wellies are old Hunters.  I am carrying an old Roots cotton canvas satchel.

No comments: