Thursday, October 13, 2011

Another Day, Another Jumper Dress




This Fall, I am finding that I have a thing for short, ankle length, boots (and chukkas, I suppose).  If my ankles aren't covered, I feel positively undressed.  Now that I think about it, this affinity for short, ankle length, boots isn't new.  I had the exact same affinity during my university days.  Then, I quite literally lived in a pair of ankle length lace-up boots (in black).  I wore them everyday, with everything.  Eventually, they had to be discarded -- I wore them into the ground.  I think that was when I moved on to other footwear, not so much because I really wanted to, but because I couldn't find a pair of short, ankle length, boots that I liked enough to replace the lace-ups.  I am so glad to have rediscovered a beloved personal trend.

I am wearing an old Urban Renewal plaid blouse with an old Urban Outfitters tie, a jumper dress from a local arts and crafts import shop, an old Anthropologie jacket, an old JCrew scarf and an old Nine West cloche hat.  My boots are old Fluevogs.  I am carrying a Roots bag.

P.S.  Apologies for the black and white photos.  The best I could do, in poor light, was shoot in black and white.  In case there is any curiosity about today's colour palette: my blouse is a rust, navy and taupe plaid; my tie is navy with white stripes; my jumper dress is rust; my jacket is gun metal grey; my scarf is a gun metal grey and white large gingham; my hat is black, my socks are grey, my boots are caramel brown, my bag is caramel brown, my specs are grey.

No comments: