Thursday, September 29, 2011

Grey Skies Linen Dress







I feel the urge to go hat shopping at a proper hat shop.  It has been some time since I bought a new hat from a proper hat shop.  I passed by one today.  And, I thought that maybe I should visit it tomorrow.  My only concern is that the shop may not yet be stocked fully with its Fall/Winter hats.  The shop isn't in a neighbourhood that I frequent during the day.  At night, when the shop is closed, yes, but, during the day, when the shop is open, no.  So visiting the shop during the day would be a special trip.  If I go and the shop doesn't have enough Fall/Winter stock, it will be a wasted trip, a waste of time.  I am big on not wasting time these days.  But the prospect of getting a new hat ... from a proper hat shop ... is certainly alluring.  Have you ever had a hat made specifically for you?  The fit is astounding!

I am wearing an old Gap shirt with an old Gap tie, an old Cheyenne linen dress, an old Anthropologie jacket and an old JCrew scarf.  On my head is an old Nine West cloche hat.  On my feet are Fluevogs.  I am carrying an old Roots cotton canvas satchel.

No comments: