Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Orange Soda Pop Dress




You have seen this dress very recently, in a cream (Iced Coffee Dress).  Now, you are seeing it in bright orange.  These dresses are a few years old and from a time when, if I liked a piece of clothing, I would buy it in every colour in which it was available.  I don't do that so much anymore.  Consciously.  I would rather have a greater variety of styles of clothing than a few styles, each in a multitude of colours.  Although, on occasion, I still do buy "one in every colour".  Some old habits die hard.  Oh, I just remembered.  I would be remiss if I didn't direct you to look at my feet.  There are my new Rachel Comey boots.  They need some wearing in, but, overall, I am pleased with them.

P.S.  If you are wondering why I decided to label this dress the "Orange Soda Pop Dress", it is because it brings back memories of childhood.  Summers spent at the family cottage, when I was allowed to drink pop.  My favourite was orange.  It is no longer a favourite.  Although, I do like San Pellegrino Aranciata and Orangina, neither of which is technically pop and the latter of which doesn't contain solely oranges.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fabulous! though on my screen the color looks more like -burnt orange-?!