Monday, May 23, 2011

The Yellow Rain Slicker And The Cloche Hats





After a glorious Saturday, Sunday and Monday saw the return of rain and less warm weather.  Unlike most of last week though, when there were back to back to back days full of rain, Sunday and Monday saw only sporadic rain.  To be honest, I didn't mind so much.  I think that Saturday's taste of Summer gave me back my acceptance of weather (it is what it is) and (maybe more to do with my not minding the return of rain so much) I got the chance to wear my new yellow rain slicker (another gift).  Last week though was an entirely different story -- I was tired of rain and not at all pleased.  So to cheer myself up, on Tuesday evening, after work, I went shopping and bought myself a straw boater hat.  (If I remember correctly, it may be my very first straw boater hat.)  While finding the straw boater hat did cheer me up, my cheery state was somewhat short lived when I realized that I really couldn't wear the straw boater hat immediately.  Getting the straw boater hat also made me realize that what I really needed was hats for now.  (Not sure what it is with me these days, but I can't seem to stop wearing hats.)  While I don't dislike my black felt cloche hat, I knew that my time with it was limited and that I would have to find something else to put on my head.  And the straw boater hat wouldn't quite cut it ... yet.  So, when I got home, I went digging through my stash of hats.  I made some pleasant discoveries.  The two cloche hats that you see here are two of these discoveries.  Both more appropriate for warmer temperatures than my good old black felt cloche hat but not smacking so much of Summer like the straw boater hat.




3 comments:

Steve McFarland said...

Great outfit! Who makes your rainslicker? I came here through Google because I realllly want something along the lines of what you have – that nautical thickness and waterproof quality. I'm looking for a men's slicker, but if you could tell me who made your coat, and if you know any other similar marks, I'd be super grateful! Again, great outfit. :)

wardrobetales said...

Steve: I happened upon this rain slicker at Urban Outfitters. The label is Lark & Wolff, which is a collection by Steven Alan for Urban Outfitters. I wish I could be of more help, but I haven't seen too many of these rain slickers. I know what it's like to search for something that you would think would be easy to find but turns out to be not so easy to find. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Hello awesome rain slicker I just got this exact same one on January 8th 2021. I now own 29 raincoats and yes I do plan on getting more I also own 3 pairs of shiny black rubber rain boots and 4 totes bubble umbrellas.