Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tobogganing Down Hills Sweater


I imagine that today was a "travel day" for a lot of people, people returning home after the holidays to go back to school or work tomorrow or Tuesday.  I imagine this because what else could account for the city being so unusually quiet today.


Last week, when I visited my favourite bargain store to purchase an oil filled space heater, I happened to notice that the store carried good, old fashioned, wood toboggans.  I was very tempted to purchase one.  I haven't been tobogganing since I was a kid.  I could, however, create a lovely Winter vignette with the toboggan outside my living room.  That might be nice.  Something to think about.


There is one thing that I like about post holiday clothing sales:  Some retailers bring out items of clothing that didn't make "the cut", for whatever reasons, to be included in their regular pre-holiday collections.  Sometimes, these are the items of clothing that most interest me.  I ran across this situation at Zara today and came away with some very nice sweaters, sweater dresses and a jumper dress.


I am wearing a vintage Gap jersey turtleneck underneath a vintage JCrew wool pullover, vintage fleece MEC leggings, a vintage Old Navy ski jacket, a vintage Wildhagen hat and vintage H&M mitts.  My socks are old by Hue and my suede booties are vintage.

No comments: