Monday, November 29, 2010

A Quarter Century (Or Just Wait Until Tomorrow)


When I went to bed last night, I still had no clue what I was going to wear today.  I was supposed to have taken some time, during TV viewing time last night, to figure out what to wear today, but I got too caught up in the new Sherlock series to give clothes any thought.  And, then, I just fell asleep.  When I woke up this morning, I realized that I hadn't yet come up with an outfit for the day.  Yikes!  For reasons that I can't explain, almost immediately thereafter, the outfit that I did end up wearing popped into my head (how lucky am I!).  I tried to think of what else I could wear -- I like to have some options, particularly with "spontaneous styling", in case one or more of the options don't work out  -- but I couldn't think of anything and I kept coming back to the one outfit.  Eventually, I gave up trying to think of alternatives and just went with the one outfit.  I am soooo lucky that the outfit worked out!


Yesterday, I wore one of the many things that I purchased at the One of a Kind Show and Sale -- the vest by Precocious.  Today, I wore another of the many things that I purchased at the One of a Kind Show and Sale -- the cardigan by Precocious.  I honestly can't remember a time when I started wearing One of Kind Show and Sale purchases so soon after their purchase.  What is going on here?  Maybe the haircut is responsible for this odd behaviour!


I don't usually like to throw away the present by wishing for the future to arrive.  I usually like to enjoy the present.  But since I am writing this in my pyjamas -- today's "dressing up" over and done with -- I don't think that it is throwing away the present to say that I am looking forward to wearing the outfits that I have planned for the next couple of days.


I am wearing a vintage flannel shirt restyled by Urban Renewal from Urban Outfitters with an old fabric belt as a bow, a sweater dress by H&M, a cardigan by Precocious, knit leggings by H&M, a vintage Full Circle jacket and vintage H&M mitts.  My socks are old from an off-price store and my boots are by Fluevog.

No comments: