Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm Lazy, No Question About It


It is always difficult for me to get dressed on a Monday.  Not for the obvious reason, namely, that it is the first work day after the weekend, meaning that I can't wear denim or leggings/un-sweatpants (on their own).  No, it is difficult to get dressed on a Monday because I teach a lunchtime restorative yoga class and I want to wear something that I can teach in.  Basically, I'm lazy:  I don't want to have to change clothes in order to teach.

Last night, I decided that, today, I was going to re-wear an outfit that I had worn a couple of Mondays ago.  After much self debate, I determined that this was perfectly okay to do.  Something about not re-wearing outfits must have been at the back of my mind, however, because, this morning, I decided that I wasn't going to re-wear the outfit completely.  Instead, I was going to wear the better part of the outfit with a different sweater.  Big mistake.  I ended up being unhappy with the "new outfit" and wishing that I had just gone with the tried and true.  Live and learn, I guess.  (Of course, sometimes, I end up being unhappy with the tried and true.)

So, my apologies, but I am not showing a photo of the outfit that I wore today and didn't like.  I decided some time ago that I wasn't going to do that to myself.  Instead, I am showing a photo of another cropped duffle coat that I have.  And, yes, it is identical in style to the grey window pane checked one that I have been sporting of late.  I actually bought today's duffle coat before I bought the grey window pane checked one.  It is odd (to me at least) that I started wearing the latter one before the former one.


I am wearing a cropped duffle coat from Old Navy.

No comments: