Friday, August 6, 2010

A Walk Down The Garden Path


How lucky am I?  The cute plaid dress in the Sally Jane Vintage shop that I thought I had missed out on last night was in the shop this morning!  Now it is on its way to me!


When I "dress rehearsed" today's outfit yesterday, I wanted to wear it today.  This morning when I woke up, I wasn't so sure that the outfit would work.  On the radio, they kept saying how cool it was (below 20 degrees celsius) and that thing about wearing below-the-knee length dresses and skirts was lingering.  So instead of reaching for this outfit, I reached for a below-the-knee length dress.  The dress stayed on me for about a half hour.  Then the belt on the dress started bothering me (I wasn't feeling great again this morning) and I just couldn't find a comfortable jacket to wear with the dress (yes, I did try the JCrew navy sailor jacket).  So I said, "Screw this!" and put on the outfit that I really wanted to wear (my apologies for the language).  I didn't end up being sorry for my choice.


I bought this jumper dress in Spring, well before Easter.  Shortly thereafter, I saw it on another blogger.  I am not sure why I am saying this, other than to confess that I could never wear the dress as she did -- she wore it beautifully -- though I do like how I have choosen to wear the dress.


Yesterday I wrote that I could not start thinking about Fall clothes just yet.  That may be true, but I am certainly starting to do more than just thinking about Fall shoes.  Many new Fall/Winter Fluevogs are starting to move into my house!


Finally, some of my prescription glasses were ready for pick-up today, and pick them up I did.  I am looking forward to incorporating them into my outfits again.


jacket: Gap, from my closet
shirt: Gap, from my closet
dress: H&M
socks: Hue
boots: Frye
bag: H&M

No comments: