Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Red Hot




Red is one of my favourite colours.  The colour of passion and anger.  While it would be dramatic to say that I wore red today because I was feeling passionate or angry, nothing would be further from the truth.  Here is the banal truth: I wanted to wear this pleated skirt today.  It is a recent purchase and it only came in red.  I couldn't think of anything else to wear with this red pleated skirt but some kind of red blouse.  This blouse is the only red blouse that I have with short sleeves.  I have more red blouses/shirts with long sleeves, but it was going to be way too hot today to even contemplate wearing a long sleeve blouse/shirt.  (However, now that I am thinking about my long sleeve red blouses/shirts, I think that they would look good with this skirt.  I will have to file away those possible outfits for cooler days.)  (In case anyone is wondering why I couldn't contemplate wearing a long sleeve shirt when I wore a jacket, the jacket was a necessity for my overly air-conditioned office.  It was doffed any time I set foot outdoors.)  So there you have it, the mystery behind today's outfit.  No passion, no anger and no drama.  Okay, maybe some passion ... as always ... for clothes.




jacket: JCrew, from my closet
blouse: H&M, from my closet
skirt: Urban Outfitters
socks: Hue
shoes: Prophecy

No comments: