Thursday, July 8, 2010

Boring





Today is the fourth day of extremely hot weather.  On this fourth day of extremely hot weather, I had a revelation: What I wear gets extremely boring after even a short period of extreme weather, be it extreme hot or extreme cold.  (I will stop saying "extreme" and "extremely" now.)  I should probably clarify what I mean by boring.  By boring I mean repetitive, a lot of the same on different days.  I could say that the weather saps me of all my creative juices.  Or, I could say that the focus becomes more on surviving the weather (staying cool or staying warm, as the case may be) and being imaginative in dress falls to the wayside -- which may actually be saying the same thing.  Whatever the reason for the boring wardrobe, it is boring.  The good news is that I am not bored by my boring wardrobe, at least not yet.





dress: Gap, from my closet
jacket: JCrew, from my closet
socks: ?, from my sock drawer
shoes: army surplus store, from my closet

No comments: