Thursday, June 10, 2010

Descriptions


Frumpy and not so smart.  But I want it just the same.




I think that the first time that I wore this suit (with a sheer black blouse, black sandals (very similar to the shoes that I wore today) and black-with-rhinestones cat's eyes glasses), a stranger approached me on the street and told me that I looked like someone from Mad Men.  The series had just begun and I wasn't familiar with it.  I must have looked puzzled by the remark, because the stranger went on to explain that Mad Men was this neat show about an ad agency in the 50s.  It amazes me how clothes can elicit comments (and what comments at that) from strangers.  Incidentally, this little episode in my life was my introduction to Mad Men (for which I am grateful), as I looked up Mad Men immediately I got home that day.

suit: H&M, from my closet
turtleneck: Esprit, from my closet
tights: ?
shoes: Lisanading, from my closet

No comments: