Monday, April 19, 2010

Imagining Outfits





When I started this blog, it was my intent for it to be a record of outfits that I actually wear, not of outfits that I put together just for the blog.  This isn't to say that I haven't included pictures of clothes that I didn't wear but just photographed for the purposes of this blog.  I have done this, for example, when I wasn't happy with certain clothing choices and ought (in my esteemed opinion) to have worn something else (that is, when I have had, what I have called, a "wardrobe mishap").  In addition to wanting the blog to focus on my actual fashion and style experience, time is an issue for me.  It takes relatively little time to photograph what I actually wear on a given day.  It takes considerably more time to photograph additional outfits.  Although I wish I had all the time in the world to dress up and take photographs of the results, I don't have endless amounts of time on my hands.  At the moment, blogging is something I do for fun.  It is an "extracurricular" activity; I have a full-time job (and a part-time job on top of that).  Today, I had a bit more time on my hands than I ordinarily do.  I couldn't think of any other way that I would rather spend that time than to add to the outfit I actually wore today to show an outfit that I might wear.  The outfit that I actually wore today is shown above.  The outfit that I might one day wear -- the imagined outfit -- is shown below.  Unlike the "actual outfit", the "imagined outfit" is something that I might wear on a day when my work activities call for a jacket or suit.  As an aside, there is a little bit of vintage in the imagined outfit: the jacket.  I love the closure on the jacket.  And, the colour couldn't have been more perfect.  Yay!  As another aside, I think the coat that I wore today has reached new favourite status!  Double yay!




coat: Beebop and Wally, last season
blouse: Club Monaco, old
skirt: Gap, old
vest: Preloved, old
jacket: vintage (from Sally Jane Vintage on Etsy)
tights: ?
socks: ?
boots: Fluevog

No comments: