Monday, March 8, 2010

Wardrobe Mishaps


coat: Old Navy, old
beret: ?
gloves: ?




coat: Urban Outfitters, old
beret: ?




coat: Gap, old
beret: American Apparel

This may not make a lot of sense, but here goes anyways:  For me, an outfit hits the mark if it feels right, regardless of how it looks.  Objectively, I may look just fine wearing something, but if it doesn't feel right, it isn't a success.  Of course, I can't articulate what it means for an outfit to feel right.  I will confess to having many wardrobe mishaps.  A wardrobe mishap is when I leave home wearing something that ends up feeling not right.  Sadly, I usually sense this coming the moment I lock the front door, but, at that point, I am usually already late for wherever I am going, so I can't unlock the door, step back inside the house and change.  Today, for example, wearing the coat that I did wear -- the coat in the first photo above -- ended up not feeling right.  I think that I should have worn the coat in the second and third photos above or the one in the fourth and fifth photos above.  Of course, because I didn't wear either of those coats outside the house, I will never really know whether either would have felt more right than the coat in the first photo!  I console myself with the fact that the outfit beneath the coat felt right.  And, hey, at the end of the day, was it really that disastrous?







shirt: H&M, mens
sweater: Lucky Brand, old
skirt: H&M, old
tights: ?
boots: Fluevog
pin: ?

No comments: