Monday, March 22, 2010

She Means Business




Today was another one of those days at work when activities called for formal business attire.  I have been looking forward to photographing today's outfit since it was first conceived, about a month ago.  I have been wondering whether I would like the outfit as much on me photographed as I liked it on me just looking in the mirror.   I do!  The  first version of this outfit was different from the final version.  The first version included a long wrap skirt and a long jacket.  The long wrap skirt was discarded and replaced by a pencil skirt (miraculously, I remembered that I have a couple of black pencil skirts), principally because I didn't think that a long wrap skirt would work so well in wet, sloppy weather.  The jacket was discarded because, when I tried it on, the lapels wouldn't lay flat.  If I am going to be honest, at that point, I thought that the outfit was toast, but, for some reason, I just couldn't give up on it.  So, I checked my collection of jackets, and there it was, the "answer jacket".  It's strange how sometimes I give up on outfits, in the midst of their construction, and, other times, I don't.  I have already said how I dislike experiencing angst in putting outfits together.  Maybe, whether I give up on an outfit or not depends on my level of angst tolerance on any particular day

shirt: H&M, mens, last season
sweater: Zara, last season
jacket: H&M, old
skirt: Zara, old
leggings: Gap, old
socks: ?
boots: Fluevog
tie: Gap, last season
pin: Trove

No comments: