Saturday, March 27, 2010

One in Every Colour






On Thursday and Friday, I wore the same sweater, but in different colours.  Today, I am wearing the famous (at least on this blog) Fluevog Calamity boots, although in natural leather rather than the black leather in which they have hitherto been seen.  You may have also noticed that the blouse I was wearing yesterday I have worn before, but, again, in a different colour (yesterday, in purple, previously, in red).  I am pointing all this out to highlight one of my tendencies, which is to buy the same article of clothing, or the same accessory, in all the colours it comes in that I like.  I am not sure whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.  I seem to recall reading in a fashion magazine some time ago the advice that if you like something (or maybe it was if something looks good on you or suits you), you should buy it in a variety of colours.  Of course, this is no answer to the question of whether buying one in every colour is a good thing or a bad thing.  In any event, I have been trying to break this habit, sadly, without much success to date.  The dress that I am wearing today is a very recent purchase.  I liked the style so much that I bought it, not only in denim, but also in a lilac large gingham fabric.  Of course, to my credit (or so I will argue), I didn't buy it in every colour and fabric that it came in.

coat: Old Navy, old
beret: ?
scarf: H&M, old
gloves: ?
dress: Pure by Alfred Sung for Zellers
sweater: Zara, last season
tights: ?
boots: Fluevog
pin: ?

No comments: